After successfully updating to firmware 2.1 using a custom firmware downloaded from ispazio.net, I started to install applications from Appstore and soon afterwards I installed the most important applications from Cydia: AppBackup, AptBackup and biteSMS.
Before installing any app from Cydia, all apps from AppStore (Spore, BrainChall) started up with no problems, but soon after installing biteSMS, NO app from AppStore wanted to start up anymore. They just crashed 2 seconds after starting.
So, biteSMS must be the app which blocks any other app. A short look at the bitsms forum (http://forums.bitesms.com/forums) revealed that I was right: Kimcha wrote in a post about that. He also posted a solution, which didn’t work for me, but if anyone wants to have a go follow this 2 steps:
1. SSH into your iphone (using putty)
plutil -c xml1 /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist vim /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist
3. remove â€/var/mobile/Library/biteSMS/biteSMSsb.dylib:â€ from <key>DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES</key>â€™s <string>.
As I wrote already, this didn’t work for me, so I did remove biteSMS. The guys over at biteSMS promised a updated for tomorrow, monday!
Actually I have made it to get biteSMS to work!!!!
Here the steps you have to do:
1. Get Erica Saduns iphone utils here: http://ericasadun.com/ftp/EricaUtilities/EricaUtilitiesBeta-13.zip
2. Copy plutil to your iphone “usr/bin” folder using WinSCP
3. Using putty, SSH into your iphone, and chmod plutils to 755:
cd /usr/bin chmod 755 plutil
4. Then execute
ldid -S plutil
5. Then execute
plutil -c xml1 /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist
6. Then remove â€/var/mobile/Library/biteSMS/biteSMSsb.dylib:â€ from DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIESâ€™s .
7. Then reboot your iphone